Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 NO MERCY!!


2010! It is finally here, can you believe it? So much has happened in this decade and People Magazine has dedicated an entire issue to remember the decade! I purchased a copy at Target the other day and it really made me realize how much has actually happened this whole year, including things like capturing Saddam Hussein, Britney Spears' "big break" etc etc.


I think New Years and "starting over" is purely psychological. We as humans like to know that we will have this one point every year where we can push everything aside and whipe the slate clean. I think it's really healthy as well for us to have such a vantage point to look forward to.


The thing I am most excited about this year, in regards to being as healthy as possible, is my NEW GEORGE FORMAN GRILL!! I highly recommend this for anyone and everyone. It completely illiminates any excuses I may have for not being a "good cook". It acts as a grill and a panini maker (yummm)! It cooks everything while letting all of the nasty fat run into a tray for the leanest cooking possible!!




Things I have made:


  • Chicken pesto veggie panini on wheat bread w. one slice reduced fat swiss cheese

  • Chicken breasts marinated in Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegarette.

I am so excited to create new healthy meals on my George Forman Grill (Thank you mom and dad)... As I get more creative, I will DEFINITELY share my new recipes!!


As far as a New Years Resolution goes I have decided to give up soda (diet-coke/diet-pepsi/diet-sprite, etc). The more and more I read about it, the more motivated I am to "drop it like it's hot." With all of these health scares, such as the swine flu, there is no other way to protect oursevles then to build up our immune systems as much as possible. This year I am going to stick with water, coffee, and unsweated hot/iced tea w. lemon! I encourage you to take this challenge and eliminate the calories we consume in beverages and save them for an amazing healthy meal instead!


GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!!


2010 NO MERCY.... and more imporantly, NO EXCUSES!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment