Sunday, January 24, 2010

Healthy-MEX!

I am 100% in love with Mexican food and I have been my whole life. However it is really high in fat and I had to find a way to make it a lottt healthier for me so that I can eat it more often.

I use:
98% fat free lean ground beef
McCormick 30% less sodium taco seasoning


sliced portobella mushroom
red/green bellpepper
brown rice
organic black beans (trader-joes)
spicy pico de gallo (or just regular/mild)
avocado
lite shredded colby-jack (trader-joes)
whole wheat flour tortillas

These all make it completely healthy and 100% guilt free.
I use organic white corn chips from Trader Joes or sometimes I'll get the tortilla chips with the flax seeds, those are really awesome as well. Dip those in the pico de gallo as a mini appetizer.
It is really easy to substitute with chicken, or lean ground turkey for the burrito. Both are very tasty, I have experimented with both. My favorite, however, is the lean ground beef. It tastes the best to me with all of the vegetables.

Get creative...
you can use the exact same recipe with enchiladas or tacos. Opt for a green sauce with the enchiladas. mmm I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

EVEN A BURRITO BOWL WILL DO.
Layer the bowl with beans, rice,veggies, lettuce, salsa, etc etc. for a tasty and low-carb treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment