Friday, January 8, 2010

Smart Snacks!

I am completely, utterly, 100% in love with snacks.
I am always on the go, and there are times when snacks are my mood, appetite and life saver.
But, I also realize that it is important to eat snacks that are not loaded with calories, sugar, etc etc.
I have compiled a list of my favorite snacks:
  • Celery w. reduced fat peanut butter (& raisins on top if desired)
  • Cottage cheese w. blueberries
  • MGC w. Hummus
  • Beef Jerkey
  • Almonds
  • Peanut Butter Pretzels
  • Luna Bar (Nuts Over Chocolate; Peanut Butter Cookie)
  • Edemame
  • 99% fat free mini bean & rice burrito (Trader Joes)
  • Banana w. reduced fat peanut butter
  • Hard boiled egg (I add Tapatio or Tabasco for flavor) NO SALT
  • reduced-fat Cheese-Its (Original; White Cheddar)
  • Sliced tomatoes w. reduced fat Swiss cheese w. light oil/vinegar
  • Papaya/Mango Salsa w. whole grain tortilla rounds (Trader Joes)
  • Sliced bell-peppers w. hummus
  • non-fat yogurt w. fruit
  • Apple w. peanut butter
  • Tuna (chunk white in water) w. dijon mustard on Multigrain Crackers

I hope that this gives you a few more ideas of things to snack on during the day that are healthy and can give you energy before your next meal. Try to switch it up every day because it is really important to have these "pick me up" snacks.

Feel free to substitute fruit to your liking.

I always, always, always keep snacks in my car/purse because you never know if you'll be able to curb that craving when hunger strikes. And the last thing you want to do is go through a drive-thru because you forgot to bring snacks. BE SMART AND PREPARED IN 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment