Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sliced Chicken Breast sandwhich!! mmm

unfortunately I did not record myself making this meal! But I was drooling too much thinking about it and I forgot to grab my flipcam. ...


justtttttt kidding. :)

Ingredients:

2 slices-Whole Wheat Sourdough bread (Trader Joes/Ralphs.. I have bought at both and you can buy it sliced or in whole loafs)







Sliced Rotisserie Style Chicken Breast (Trader Joes)



1 slice- reduced fat provolone cheese



sun-dried tomato pesto



sliced mushrooms







Spread a tiny amount (goes a long way taste-wise) of sun dried tomato pesto on both sides of the whole wheat sourdough bread, lay 3 slices of chicken breast on one side, followed by the mushrooms (I like to saute' mine with a little bit of olive oil and pepper) and then the cheese on top. Put the other half of the bread on and then grill on the stove like a grilled cheese just to give the bread a bit of a crunch, and to melt the cheese a little as well!!



This was fantastic, and I had a side of apples and bananas with it as well!!






If you do not like the taste of pesto there are a lot of things that you can use instead:


Newmans Own Light Balsamic Vinegarette
Trader Joe's Fat Free Ranch
Mustard
Light Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment