Tuesday, February 9, 2010

REconfirmed- I HATE SODA!!!!


I normally stay away from soda... every once in a while I will indulge in a Diet Coke or a Diet Sprite, especially when I am eating healthy mexican food. Something about the carbonation with the spicy flavor really tastes good to me.
However, during the super bowl I ate a variety of greek food and decided that I wanted to have a pepsi as well. I mean it is THE Super Bowl. haha!

On the drive home, 45 minutes, I was completely dehydrated. I haven't been that thirsty in a longggg time and I could not figure out why I was feeling this way. I got home and downed 2 water bottles, ice cold out of my fridge.

That's when it dawned on me, I had been drinking Pepsi all day and completely forgot about drinking water. I just could not believe that such extreme thirst came from drinking regular soda just for one day. I normally have a bunch of water throughout the day, but the excitement of the game just didn't really leave much more room for thought.

How do people say that soda/carbonated beverages quench their thirst? That has to be one of the biggest lies I have ever heard. Ya it will quench your thirst for 5 minutes and then you're parched again.

I remember getting a physical for cheerleading (Go Merced High) when I was in high school and my physician told me to make sure that I did not drink more than 1/2 a can of soda per week...especially because I need a lot of energy to stay active in my sport. I know people that quadruple that weekly rate...maybe even more. I would not be surprised.

It is really horrible for your teeth (I love my pearly whites :-D) and your bones! Did you know that you can pour a whole can of coke down your toilet and it will eliminated scum and leave it nice and shining. I'd rather not experiment anymore with that in my body.

I don't think I will have a hard time passing up soda anymore. Especially after being so thirsty the entire way home. It really was a miserable feeling. I brought 2 water bottles with my to school today and plan on drinking more when I get home and while at work. There is no excuse for being dehydrated..... We really need to be conscience with our bodies and realize that our body CRAVES water.... no syrup, sugar and artificial sugar.

W-A-T-E-R




No comments:

Post a Comment