Sunday, February 14, 2010

Berry-licious!!


Trader Joes has really fantastic whole-grain waffles that make for an excellent breakfast!! I usually put two in the toaster and toast them pretty crispy, but of course toast to your liking. I put just a little bit of smart balance butter in between the two so that the butter will melt and actually create a lot more butter than you may think!

I also buy the frozen mixed berries from Trader Joes just because I like to buy a lot and I do not want them to go bad. If you buy them fresh you'll just have to use them within the next few days.
I put about 1/4cup or less of real maple syrup and about a 1/2 cup of berries into a bowl in the microwave for about 40 seconds. I use this to top my waffles and I PROMISE you they taste amazing and you will not even care that they are healthy!!


Feel free to also add some cut up bananas or kiwis or something else that you really like. Berries have a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...(etc etc) of antioxidants and the whole grain (key word: "whole") can really help reduce blood cholesterol if 3 servings are eaten per day.


TRY IT!! I really like breakfast for lunch or dinner too. So try it maybe as a Valentines Day dessert or just a lil something for your sweet tooth any time of the day!:)

1 comment: